Very exciting news, BRB got nominated for the Liebster Award! YEI!
Sadly it's not like the Oscars or other awards where I get to wear a pretty dress and do a speech while trying to fall and embarrass myself like JLaw did at the Oscars.
So If I’m not winning anything or going to a fancy gala, what is this award?
The Liebster is an even cooler concept. It only exists on the internet and is given from bloggers to bloggers to spotlight blogs that you like and to introduce newbies to the blogosphere. Think of it like a keychain of blogs.
First of all, I would like to thank Stephanie, the great lady that nominated me for the award. She is an artist and she displays her art and illustrations on her blog. She is also very active on social causes about human trafficking and slavery doing art and awareness projects. Pretty cool no? Check out her blog here.
In order to keep the award going, I need to nominate other bloggers but I also need to write about a blog that I like. Being new to the blogosphere, I had to delve into tons of blogs and tips on how to do this new crazy project of mine while still working full-time. Christina of Happy to Wander has really entertained me with her crazy adventures around the globe and her insatiable appetite. She also provides very valuable tips about how to survive social media and blog strategies.
There are so many different versions of the Liebster Award rules, but I will follow the rules given to by Stef, my nominator. However, I would like to add the questions section, to make things a little fun.
- Why did you start blogging?
- Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- Airplane or Train?
- What’s your travel style (off the beaten path, popular sites, sand and sun, adventure, nature-lover, etc.)?
- What do you hope to accomplish through your blog?
- What is your favourite dish?
I will be nominating
Catalyst inspired. This blog is about fashion and how you can be socially responsible about buying new pieces of garments. (She is also my cousin and one of my favourite people of all time).
Club Paraiso A mix of travel and food blog with a small hint of fashion.
- Beauty Cos & Co is a beauty blog written by an ex-coworker of mine. The blog is in French
- Carla Crudup has a culinary blog. Her recipes look soo delicious!
- Lost & Abroad. Another travel blog mixing culture and personal stories.
- The Quirky Globetrotter is a travelling journalist that tells her adventures through the blog.
- The Downbubble shares the stories of 2 teachers in Western Australia and around the globe.
- Travel to Blank a travelling couple that gives great travel tips and ideas.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Respond to the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you to the award
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have small readership.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post. (They might not have ever heard of it!)
- Post a comment in the comments of –> the award post <– so your post and blog can be viewed.